I am just trying to understand my hair, to learn what works and what doesn't, to experiment, make mistakes, and to embrace my hair in it's entirety..... because Roots Don't Lie




* Images belong to me unless otherwise stated*

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Squiggly Wiggly... (Part 1 of the afro series...

Hey guys,
I know that  for a lot of natural-haired folks the seemingly never ending vocabulary for natural hair is to say the least, erm... exhausting. It seems like everyday someone is coming up with some term or word to describe something relating to hair. I mean, I stay wondering if there is like this lady dressed in a tomb-raider-ish-like get-up sitting somewhere and just churning out these terms.

Well seeing as I am a super hero myself...( Thanks a lot for the applause..you are all far too kind..lol) I decided to come up with my very own word-a-majings (not a real word)....
I like to call this SWA

SWA: Squiggly Wiggly Afro.
(I know you are thinking, ahn ahn!!! this child must be ...ahem.. very happy)....
This to me, is what your hair looks like 2-4 months after being  completely shaved off. I'm talking whispers of hair to about 3-4 inches of  hair. At this stage you can't do much to your hair except wash it and just let it be. Now this is not to be mistaken for shaved..... (which to me is really gorgeous..maybe in the future I would
sport this look who knows..) 













Squiggly Wiggly Afro....looks something like these...







Hope you enjoyed the pictures...check back for the next afro series to follow soon.


XOXO
Bella Joya

No comments:

Post a Comment