Detangling curly hair can be a nightmare, but these easy steps can make the task a little less daunting
· Wide tooth comb
· Spray bottle with water
· Conditioner with slip e.g. suave naturals, Tresseme
· Clips for sectioning
1. Part hair into workable sections
2. Spray each section with 3-4 pumps of water, to get each section damp and workable
3. One section at a time, work about 2-3 pumps of conditioner into the entire length of hair
4. Hold the hair in one hand, and then gradually comb out the tangles from the ends to the roots.
5. Twist up or Bantu knot each section once done, and clip away
6. Work through the entire head, and once completed rinse out conditioner
TIP: I usually rinse out my conditioner in section, making sure to pull the hair down with one hand, while using the other hand to move the hair around so the water can rinse out all the conditioner. This prevents the hair from getting tangled again.
For tips on how to finger detangle check out my co-host Tega’s post, and if you are not yet subscribed to the 3LRCHALLENGE be sure to click the link for information and prior news letters.