I am just trying to understand my hair, to learn what works and what doesn't, to experiment, make mistakes, and to embrace my hair in it's entirety..... because Roots Don't Lie




* Images belong to me unless otherwise stated*

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

From Puff to Bun

Hey Guys,

I started off with a 3 day old twist out and decided I needed a sleek look for a meeting I had the next day.

To achieve the Smooth look you will need:
  • A stretched out Hair Band
  • Hair Pins
  • Some Shea butter for your edges
  • Boar bristle brush
  • Spray bottle with water
  • Satin Scarf
Steps:
  • Use your hands to smooth your hair to the top of your head where you want the bun to be.
  • Use the hair brush, to brush up the hair, making sure to smooth out the edges, as gently as possible.
  • I doubled my hair band and put my hair into a puff.
  • Using your hand, grab hair from the puff and stretch out as much as possible.
  • Grab sections from the puff, roll forward over the hair band, tuck and pin.
  • Smooth down any loose ends with bobby pins.
  • Spritz your edge with water, apply Shea butter, and tie hair down with a satin scarf


Before:



After:

To maintain at night:
  • Tie down the edges with a satin scarf, to reduce any frizz.
  • Cover with a  satin bonnet.


XOXO

Bella Joya.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! My hair is actually long enough to try this, I must I must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed, please share your pictures if you try it out

      Delete