I want to share with you all, the Deep Conditioning Treatment that has never failed me. The deep conditioner that thoroughly moisturizes my hair, replenishes, and makes my hair all sorts of wonderful. I am sure you are wondering what this magic product is but not to worry, I will tell you....
I have continuously used this deep conditioner since my big chop (April 17, 2010). Occasionally I tried other deep conditioners that I saw other naturals use, and some of them would wow me, others not so much. This deep conditioner however, has been a staple, and it is safe to say that this is something my natural hair loves...
This is not a commercial product but my own deep conditioning recipe..I like to call it "Bella Joya's Deep Conditioning Goodness"
|A cocktail of EVOO, Grapeseed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil and Jojoba Oil|
Any cheap conditioner like this, my hair prefers thick conditioners with a lot of slip.
- In a medium sized empty container, pour in enough conditioner to coat your hair (for my hair I use about a cup of conditioner)
- Add in about 2 tablespoons of whatever oil, or combination of oils you choose to use (I usually add olive, grape seed, and sweet almond oil. I use the jojoba less frequently because it is expensive). Occasionally I add peppermint or lavender essential oil for that extra zing..
- Finally I add about 2-3 tablespoons of raw honey.
- Mix it all together, for about a minute to ensure that all the honey and oils have blended well with the conditioner (also use a spoon to mix because you would hate to be done applying the mix, and see all the honey and oils at the bottom of the container... lol I have done this a few times)
- Apply thoroughly through-out hair and cover with a plastic shower cap or some saran wrap.
- Leave one for about an hour or two. I usually deep condition my hair overnight because I have somehow convinced myself that less time and my hair is getting little love..( I know silly .. but yeah..)
- Rinse out thoroughly and ..viola.. you are left with incredibly soft, moisturized, yummy-lee-cious hair.
Try out "Bella Joya's Deep Conditioning Goodness" and let me know how it works with your natural hair.
If you have any of your own deep- conditioning mixes please share, I'd love to find another deep conditioner that my hair will love.
Hope you enjoyed.