I am just trying to understand my hair, to learn what works and what doesn't, to experiment, make mistakes, and to embrace my hair in it's entirety..... because Roots Don't Lie




* Images belong to me unless otherwise stated*

Monday, December 3, 2012

Product Trial Group: 'Maiden Edition'

Hey Guys,

So I started a new project with a couple of friends and the idea behind it is that every month a group of ladies both relaxed and natural review either a product or a product line and then based on their different hair types, life styles, and hair regimen they give feedback on their experience with the product.

To start off the maiden edition, 3 of us ladies, 2 natural and one relaxed, tried out the Eden Body Works Product Line. We decided to kick off the maiden edition with an entire product line so each of us had the opportunity to choose from a variety of products. As the project progresses we may switch it up and try out a single product or occasionally entire product lines. We will also be accepting suggestions on products to try out.

For more inquiry about this product line please visit the website http://www.edenbodyworks.net/ and the products are also carried at Walmart or Sally Beauty Supply.
This product line was established by miss Jasmine Lawrence when she was only 13 years old, and the company's mission statement is EDEN BodyWorks™ provides natural products that integrate wellness and beauty inspired by nature to restore and maintain the body’s original design.
To start off this project meet Tega, and some of you may remember her from this 'Natural Me' series feature. Check out her blog Social Hermit


 

Her review:

Product Review: Eden Body Works


Source: Google.


Source: Google.
PEPPERMINT Tea Tree Conditioner
Purpose: This super moisturizing conditioner increases scalp circulation for a refreshed, renewed feeling. Leaves hair full of body. Fortified with proteins to decrease split ends.

Price: $9.99 at Sally’s.

Trials:
Two

How I used it:
1. Conditioning: applied to wet hair after shampooing, applied the conditioner to hair directly after washing then detangled with a shower comb.
2. Co-washing: applied to damp hair, Tied scarf for up to one hour, Removed scarf.

Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearalkonium Chloride, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Lactic Acid, Panthenol, Peppermint (Mentha Piperita) Oil, Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia) Leaf Oil, Phenoxyethanol.

Review:
I usually don’t shampoo my hair, I stick with co-washing or a clay mask for cleansing; but I really wanted to test the “conditionability” of the conditioner. I have a NatureGate Tea Tree shampoo that I bought a while ago but haven’t used since my first try because it really dried my hair out (which was disappointing considering the awesome ingredient list), but I figured pulling it out for this review would really put the conditioner to the test.

I’m not a big fan of this product. I applied it directly after shampooing and my hair didn't feel conditioned or soft. I usually leave my hair pinned away while I get dressed, and after that process, my hair felt much softer when I went to apply my styling products. I guess the conditioner needed a little time to work. But for the price of the product, I wasn't very impressed; I get more bang for my buck with Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner which is my staple and I don’t see that changing any time soon.

As a co-wash, the conditioner was pretty good; cleansed my scalp really, but I had the same problem as my first try. My hair did not feel as good as it usually does after a wash, it's not something I can put into words but when my hair is really moisturized, it feels amazing and I just didn't get that from this product. The Peppermint Tea Tree Conditioner is an ok conditioner but I wasn't impressed.

Buy again: No

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars.

Source: Google.
PEPPERMINT Tea Tree Hair Oil
Purpose: Peppermint Tea Tree All Natural Hair Oil is an exotic blend of nourishing ingredients that penetrate the hair from root to tip to promote new hair growth without clogging pores. Made with Coconut, Jojoba and Sweet Almond oils, this unique formula naturally strengthens hair to prevent breakage.

Price: $9.99 at Sally’s.

Trials: Multiple

How I used it:
1. Sealing: applied to freshly washed hair after
2. Sealing: applied to braided hair after spraying with water.

Ingredients: Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavandin) Oil, Peppermint (Mentha Piperita) Oil, Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia) Leaf Oil.

Review:
I love the tingly feeling I got from this oil. I used it in the morning before going to church and all through the day my scalp felt great. I love the ingredient list, so many natural oils! I love that it has a spray pump which allows for good control of dispensing the product. Once again though, I’m not a big fan of the price tag.

My scalp gets dry and itchy really quick, and it gets even worse when I work out. So I started using a mix of jojoba oil and tea tree oil on my scalp every other day and it works great for me. That mix basically does for me what this product did for me at a much cheaper price. Switching to a simple regimen works so well for me that I always find a hard time justifying price tags over $5 for hair products. Anything more than that has to so super amazing things for my hair that match what’s currently working for me or even better. And I already have a great oil mix that makes my scalp all nice and tingly and seals my ends pretty well. But for people who don’t like to mix oils and want something that helps keep your scalp build-up free while sealing in moisture, this oil is great for that.

Buy again: Undecided.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars.


NB: Please stay tuned to the other reviews from myself and the other reviewer.

XOXO
Bella Joya
 

No comments:

Post a Comment