I am just trying to understand my hair, to learn what works and what doesn't, to experiment, make mistakes, and to embrace my hair in it's entirety..... because Roots Don't Lie




* Images belong to me unless otherwise stated*

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Protective Style..

Hey Guys,
I know I have been away for a few weeks now.. I was away on vacation but not to worry I have lots of pictures to share with you... once I figure out how to arrange them.. so watch out for those.

During my vacation I wore my hair mostly in a braid-out or a high puff. I finally decided i needed a break and so I put in a protective style.
I simply cornrowed the back, twisted the ends of the cornrows, and then put in two-strand twists in front for a little bang-type deal. My parting could be a lot better... but yeah.. practice practice practice...






After a few days I took the twists out in the front for a different look

With the twists taken down...



I took down the twists at the end of the cornrow, and the front twists after a few days... so  I ended up redoing the ends.. besides that the style has been in for about 10 days now...
To moisturize, I simply spritz my hair with a mixture of conditioner, water, glycerin and a few oils.

It's nice taking a break from styling my hair everyday..

Hope you enjoyed.
Please posts any questions, or comments you may have.
Till next time

XOXO
Bella Joya


3 comments: